5) The first known description of brewing Scottish ale?
John Reade unearths an early account
9) Memories of Heriot Brewery 1974-1992
Graeme Fisher reminisces about Tennent Caledonian’s Edinburgh facility
29) Some Scottish brewing records, 1871-1903
Edd Mather examines some brewing records from the archive
36) Water: an essential ingredient of beer
Les Hutcheon and John Martin discuss the crucial properties of brewing liqour
48) In Ale terms, is ‘Scotch’ Scots for ‘Scottish’?
Graeme Cruickshank questions the nature of ‘Scotch Ale’
60) 100 years of lager brewing in Scotland
Reprint of David Johnstone’s classic paper
69) In defence of Greg Noonan
Robbie Pickering argues that Greg Noonan’s book Scotch Ale gets the blame for things that are not its fault
91) William McEwan
Eleanor Docherty continues her examination of the life of William McEwan